February 22, 2011

Bonding Moments

So this weekend I had the grand idea to replace my current dresser with a new one from Ikea. I have had my eyes on it for awhile so Saturday I went! Mom and dad met me at the store with their truck and off to my condo we went. It was about 11 and we figured we would be done by 12 and off to the bro's for lunch. Yeah not so much...a million parts and three hours later, we have a dresser! My dad was awesome in doing most of the work. Notice the purple hammer...

To start the week off I spent some quality time with my friend Jeff P. and he taught me how to make these awesome fabric baskets. I've never made these or seen them so it was awesome to learn. After wrapping the cord for FOREVER we finally got to sewing and this is how it turned out! These baskets are so fun to make and I plan to make many more! Thanks Jeff!




And here it is, my two projects all put together! Many thanks to Dad and Jeff. (And Mom of course for the company).

No comments:

Post a Comment